Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Re: It's a 'nosy' affair

This particular post is in reply to an article I read in the Bombay Times
It's a 'nosy' affair

Now this author is a funny man. He is as funny as Himesh is a bad singer. But I have some comments on his article.

I have to agree, Himesh is talented. He has his own style of music and is good. He has the 'beats' and his songs are popular. I personally like some of his songs. It's not the case that there have been singers who haven't deserved to have sung before. Anu Malik is pathetic, Shah Rukh Khan tried his luck at it, Sanjay Dutt does it. And they are bad, I tell you. And so is Himesh. It's fine for him to sing, I have nothing against that, but to adore him for his singing is just a bit crazy. No...not a bit, a lot. First of all, he is unbelievably nasal. And when he continues his 'OOOOOOOO' in that fashion, i just want to cut my ears off. And nasal is not that good. Ask anyone if they like hearing Kumar Sanu sing.
And now Himesh has his own film, with that damned leather jacket and a torn cap. I am not going to see that film, because I know I'll be wasting precious time and money. But then this author compares him to Kishore Kumar...and it hurts me. Kishore Kumar, now he was an all-rounder. A good comedian, a terrific singer and a gifted music director. To compare Himesh to Kishoreda is the height of stupidity. I understand that Sonu Nigam can't act, but in no way is his voice nasal at any pitch. And if this guy says so, he is a deaf dude. Sonu Nigam is currently one of the best singers alongside Shankar Mahadevan.

A last word is that after reading the recent news about Sonu Nigam making it open about being sexually harassed by this particular author, I have no doubt that this article was just a way to let everyone know that Sonu Nigam is not what people claim to be and that there is a 'superstar' there right now, who overshadows everyone in the industry.

No comments: