Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Niagara Falls....WOW??

There I was. At the world famous Niagara Falls. Without my camera (which I stupidly forgot at home). And before I reached the place I was sure I was going to say "WOW, this is beautiful".
But the spectacle disappointed me. I cannot believe people go so many times to a place where water falls from a height. I'd rather look at the shower while showering.
OK...bad joke. But you get my point. There seemed to be nothing spectacular about the Falls. Atleast not from the American side. I may change my opinion after looking at it form the Canadian side. But that's going to be a while. And what made it more boring was the fact I forgot my camera. And it's a place where you can now find more Indians than in India. I don't really mind, but it's about time there were sign posts in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, etc. I mean, come on, there were people in Dhotis and stuff. I remember being at the F1 race in Indianapolis and having seen an Indian woman, around late 50s, sitting there without any emotions, in a Saree!!!!!!!
There are more Indian restaurants there than any other. It's similar to a Chowpatti in Mumbai. You will meet atleast one person you know. And maybe even everyone you know. That's possible.
Still, not everything is boring. There is Maid of the Mist ride which was wonderful. Now that's the way to see the Falls. It's a great spectacle from underneath the Falls and the ride was well-worth the time and money spent. Time spent in the line for the ride. Not the time spent traveling for more than 6 hours and paying toll every other half hour.
All in all, a simply boring experience barring that one ride. Let's hope I like it from the other side.

No comments: