Monday, June 18, 2007

At the United States Grand Prix


So I was finally there...at the race track for a Formula 1 GP. At the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

It's been a long time since I wanted to be at one. And the spectacle didn't dissapoint. The race did a bit though. Well, for those who dodn't see it or follow it..here's a quick review of what happened....
The rookie Lewis Hamilron of McLaren Mercedes went from pole to finish to win his second GP in a row, while his team-mate and defending champion Fernando Alonso came in second followed by Ferrari's Fillipe Massa.
I was hoping that it would be a spectacle like the Canadian GP just a week ago with a lot of drama and fun. But it wasn't to be. Apart from one overtaking chance that Alonso blew, there wasn't much there to be seen. Well...of course, apart from the gorgeous pitbabes that lined up on the track before the race. Now there was a attraction and it was just an awesome sight.
But the race certainly belonged to Hamilton who looked unbeatable and seems like it could be true what people say. He could be the next Michael Schumacher. He did set the trend of changes with McLaren ending the Ferrari domination at Indy.
All I can say that it was worth a visit, but I would have wanted more. Those super machines whizzing past me at 300kmph was something else. An idling sound that would beat my car revving at top speed by miles, let alone the deafening sound when those cars drove past us at the straight. I literally lost my hearing for a few hours after the race.
I sincerely hope that the race return to Indy next season...but we shall have to wait for that decision till the next month.

Final words...A great experience and a fantastic performance by Hamilton.

For more pics go to 2007 United States Grand Prix at Picasa

No comments: